November 10, 2011

Wedding Recap: Our Cake!

Chicago had it's first snow of the season today, and this event is making me nostalgic for my winter wedding! It's hard to believe that our 2 year anniversary is quickly approaching! I have yet to share pictures of our lovely wedding cake, and decided it was high time to do so, in case any other winter brides are looking for inspiration.

My husband and I knew we wanted a traditional round cake, though square was our second choice, and even that minor detail was a tough decision! We met with Dottie Lovely, aka "The Cake Lady," and she helped turn my vision of a winter-themed cake into reality. I loved that she used snowflakes and pearls, while combining the gorgeous silver, blue, and white flowers we had in our wedding.



I could not have been happier with the final result, but the best part was that the cake tasted amazing! We chose buttercream because it tastes far superior to fondant, and had layers of red velvet, marble, and carrot cake, so there was something to please everyone.

And on to the best part: Cutting the cake!



All photos by Seth Kammueller

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful -- love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the most beautiful cakes I have ever seen! And you looked gorgeous. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a beautiful cake. The design is just simple but the elegance and sophisticated is there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails