July 26, 2011

The Ultimate Prep: A Seersucker Wedding

Nothing says New England preppy like seersucker. This fabric is perfect for summer or beach weddings due to it's breathable, light cotton composition. While it's traditional color is blue, seersucker can now be found in an array of pastels, as well as neutrals such as khaki.

As soon as summer rolls around, I love pulling out my seersucker clothing and accessories, such as my vintage Kate Spade purse (also great for a bride on her wedding day!).


Seersucker would also be great as a wedding theme for brides looking to host a classic, preppy wedding. If you're fiance objects, just tell him that real men wear pastels, and he'll be thanking you when he's not wearing a traditional tux in 90 degree heat!


Finally, find some creative ways to incorporate seersucker into your wedding theme, such as customizing your wedding cake with stripes:

Cake by Cake Girls

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. I do love the look of searsucker and it would certainly look smashing at a summer wedding. The guy's jacket rocks. I think many men would love searsucker because it is casual and easy to wear. Kudos on your board. It's so original

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kate Spade purse. Which collection was it from? Can I ask what you paid for it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails