August 1, 2011

The Best Wedding Decision I Made

This week, I decided to take a break on doing inspiration boards and give some wedding advice to those in need (but don't worry, I will be back with plenty more boards soon!).

I was recently reminiscing about my wedding with a friend who is soon to be married. She asked me for advice on how to deal with the pressures of the big day. I told her that the best decision I made was getting a good night's sleep the night before my wedding.

It sounds simple and quite practical, really. But I almost passed up my chance to get a peaceful slumber due to what I thought I "should" be doing as a bride. Our original plan was to keep with tradition and spend the night before the wedding apart. My groom would stay at our swanky hotel, and I would stay at my parent's house.

But suddenly as we thought about leaving each other on the eve of our big day, we thought it was silly to spend the night apart. I knew I would not get a good night's sleep at my parent's house, and we felt that the only person we wanted to share our pre-wedding excitement and jitters with was each other. So instead we both stayed at our lovely hotel, slept in together in the morning, and woke up feeling refreshed and ready for our wedding. It seriously was the best choice we could have made, and I'm so glad we followed our hearts and heads!

Our suite at Chatham Bars Inn

Thus, I now tell brides that the important thing to remember is that your wedding is a special event for you and your hubby-to-be to embark on the rest of your life together as partners. So do what makes you feel comfortable (even if that means going against tradition!) and you will find yourself as stress-free as possible on your  big day!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails