October 24, 2009

Wellies Under Your Dress?

Ok, this might sound crazy, but I'm considering getting a pair of Hunter boots to wear under my wedding dress while outside. Although I bought a pair of navy heels, I realized that satin peep toes might not be the most practical shoe to wear outside for traveling and pictures during the middle of winter in New England.  As I want to take photos outside and don't want my nice heels ruined by the mud or snow, and need a new pair of rain boots anyways, I thought, why not get a pair to wear under my dress? I think it could make for some cute pictures as well, and I love that Hunters are available in a plethora of adorable colors (though I would probably order traditional navy ones to match my colors).



Even better, I found cute shiny boots and white ones to go with your dress! The colorful shiny ones would also be great for bridesmaids to wear as well, particularly if it happens to rain on your wedding day. As the Boy Scouts say, always be prepared!




I though maybe this was a weird idea (and perhaps it still is), but I felt that I could validate my craziness if I found other brides who wore these at their wedding. To my surprise, I did a quick google search, and found another bride who had the same thought as I!




So what do you think? Am I totally crazy? Or is this practical footwear for me as a winter bride to keep my dancing shoes clean and pretty?

Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea and that it would look so cute in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I ended up ordering them so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eminently practical and adorable. I've been saving this pic in case I needed it, but also see here: http://elizabethdye.blogspot.com/2009/10/married-in-wellies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not crazy at all !! I actually think it will be fun ;-) Few days ago I read a post over WeddingFanatic about it. Looks cute.
    http://www.weddingfanatic.com/rainy-day-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these pictures, these are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll be totally fun and keep your toe-sies warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its totally fun and unique! Can't wait to see them on.
    P.S. left you something on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took a pair of wellies to my wedding (pink with paw prints on them). It was a great idea, worked out well and no one believed I was wearing them under my dress until some of the photos came back!

    Keeps those expensive shoes looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so not crazy, it's genius and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got married two years ago and it rained the entire week before. My maid of honor gave me the most darling white wellies after the rehearsal dinner and they made my wedding day a whole lot of fun. Go for the wellies, the pictures will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails